I just finished watching a video presentation with Dr. Lissa Rankin that I highly recommend anyone interested in health and well-being (isn’t that just about everyone?!) take the time to watch. It was not only interesting, but also very informative and enlightening, especially in regard to the major part stress plays in making us sick and keeping us from healing. Dr. Rankin also talks about the placebo effect, spontaneous remission, the power of positive thinking, and a whole lot more that could be invaluable in understanding how your body’s self-healing mechanism works. There’s also the option of just listening to the audio of the presentation or downloading the transcript, so you can pick the format that works best for you. This is fascinating and important information, so I hope you’ll check it out.
Here are just a few things to look forward to:
– At around 7 minutes you’ll hear about what she learned from studying over 3,500 cases of “spontaneous remission” and what the research both tells us and isn’t telling us about why people get sick or healthy.
– At around 8:40 you’ll learn about the 9 common characteristics that people with “spontaneous remission” have and why they’re critical to know for both people who are healthy or sick.
– At around 16 minutes Lissa discusses the only 2 modes in which our nervous system can operate, and how in one of them our bodies self-repair mechanism literally shuts down….most people tend to get stuck in this shut-down mode (she’ll explain why and show you how you can get out of it).
– At about 19 minutes she shares why some of her supposedly “healthiest” clients (those who were exercising, eating well, meditating, etc) were getting sick, and the big “aha!” moment she had about what was causing it all.
– At around 26 minutes Dr. Rankin redefines what the “placebo effect” actually is and shares how most scientific studies are blowing off placebos and not digging deep enough into what is actually going on with the mind and body.
– At about 36 minutes, she talks about why she believes people in the “Blue Zones” have a much higher than average rate of living to be over 100 years old.
Also, Dr. Rankin’s presentation is a lead-in to the upcoming 6th Annual World Tapping (EFT) Summit that starts February 24th. The summit is free and I also recommend signing up for that. If you are new to EFT (the Emotional Freedom Technique), you really should learn this simple self-help health process. It requires no special equipment and you can learn the basics rather quickly. Many well-known people in the alternative health community, such as Dr. Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, and Dr. Joseph Mercola are proponents of this self-healing modality. Sign up now and enjoy a number of pre-event bonus audio presentations in the meantime.
And check out these related Self-help Health posts on stress. The free webinars mentioned in the first one are already over, but I know Dr. Hedberg archives his presentations and possibly Dr. Gottfried does too, so you may still be able to access them both:
More interesting stuff on stress….the first one is a video that takes a whole new slant on stress and gets into how important our BELIEFS ABOUT stress play such an important part in how we are affected by it:
p.s. Be sure to subscribe to Self-help Health so you don’t miss any future posts, and tell your friends to do the same. Also check out my website’s To Your Health page and Evolution Made Easier blog for more helpful health tips, tools and information.
Disclaimer: Please note that any information here is provided as a guideline only, and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your physician, nutritionist, trained healthcare practitioner, and/or inner guidance system. Always consult a professional before undertaking any change to your normal health routine.