Here’s a recipe a friend sent to me yesterday that looks and sounds interesting and healthy. I plan to try it in the next couple of days now that we’ve dug out from the snow storm and I can get to the grocery store. Also, if you like sweet potatoes, I highly recommend the sweet potato soup recipe in this previous post. I have made it twice since posting and plan on making it again soon. So yummy!
And don’t forget to check out the end of this post for several free health resources!
CRISPY BREADED CHICKPEA CUTLETS IN A SAVORY MUSHROOM GRAVY [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
For the Chickpea Cutlets:
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
For the Breading:
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
For the Mushroom Gravy:
To Make the Chickpea Cutlets:
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients but the flour and process until smooth. Add the flour and pulse to blend. It should be soft enough to form into cutlets but not too sticky. If it is too sticky, add a little more flour. Shape into ovals, and set aside on a plate.
- Place the yeast and flaxseed, and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together. Place the aquafaba into another bowl. Line a sheet pan with parchment. Dip each cutlet into the aquafaba, then the yeast mixture to coat it. Place on the parchment lined tray. Spray with olive oil if desired.
- Place in a 400°F oven, and bake for about 20-30 minutes until heated through and browned at the edges.
To Make the Mushroom Gravy:
- Combine all ingredients but the arrowroot mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the arrowroot and cook until thickened. Serve over the cutlets.
Now for some free health resources…..
Join The Natural Medicine Medicine Now Summit, hosted by Dr. Tiffany Jackson from February 15-22, and find out 33 ways (plus 7 bonus ways!) to improve energy, focus, digestive health, manage your weight and reduce stress! .
Confused and overwhelmed with the 70,000+ health and diet information websites available today? The Natural Medicine Now Summit has your answers! Dr. Tiffany Jackson’s mission is to sift through the clutter to help you find a convenient and affordable way to create better habits and make healthy choices.
The Natural Medicine Now Summit can help you find a convenient and affordable way to create better habits and make healthy choices! If you’re a health coach, a stay-at-home mom, grandparent, employee tasked with corporate wellness, medical professional or someone trying to understand undiagnosed health issues, this series is for you.
And I happened to catch Deepak Chopra’s interview on this next series yesterday and was impressed w/ the information I picked up. Plus the interview was only about 30 minutes long, so easier to fit into a busy schedule. I plan on catching more of the presentations over the coming days….
In The Fat Summit, Dr. Hyman interviews 30+ of the world’s top experts, as they reveal the truth about fat – and what it really takes to lose weight, feel great, and reverse chronic disease.
Here’s a look at what you’ll discover:
- Why eating more fat (and less sugar) actually leads to weight loss
- Whether or not children should eat a high-fat diet
- How carbohydrates impact hunger
- The research on red meat (does “grass-fed” really make a difference?)
- How wellness impacts the financial health of our nation
- The connection between toxins and weight gain
- How to enjoy healthy meat (with minimal environmental impact)
- The best sources of plant-based fat
- The role of fat in aging
- And much more…
This event airs for free online January 25th – February 1st.
And don’t forget The Winter of Wellness event I mentioned in a previous post. I’ve listened to a couple of the interviews and hope to catch the replay of Dave Asprey’s (the Bullet Proof coffee guy) interview later today. So far I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve heard/learned. You can find out more and sign up for Winter of Wellness, The Fat Summit and The Natural Medicine Now series all on my What’s New page.
Also, here’s an offer from Dr. Nikolas Hedberg you may want to check out. I haven’t listened to the interview yet, but hope to in the next couple of days, especially since I have had monolaurin prescribed several times in the past by naturopaths, but didn’t really know anything about it….
Mother Nature has given us some wonderful compounds to help fight infections and improve immune system function and Dr/ Hedberg says his favorite may very well be monolaurin.
Dr. Hedberg was recently interviewed by Dr. Jeff Moss about monolaurin where they discussed its health benefits and how it’s best used to fight infections and boost immune system function.
You can listen to the podcast here ===> Monolaurin Interview
p.s. Be sure to subscribe to Self-help Health so you don’t miss any future posts. Also check out my Evolution Made Easier website’s To Your Health page and my other blog for more helpful information, tips, tools and resources.
Disclaimer: Please note that any information here is provided as a guideline only, and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your physician, nutritionist, trained healthcare practitioner, and/or inner guidance system. Always consult a professional before undertaking any change to your normal health routine.