Here’s some easy and fun suggestions for keeping your brain sharp from a newsletter by Dr Ryan at Upgraded Parents ….
Turn objects upside down so your brain sees them differently. When you look at things right-side up, your left “verbal” brain quickly labels it and diverts your attention elsewhere. When they’re upside down, your right brain networks kick in, trying to interpret the shapes, colors, and relationships of a puzzling picture.
Read a book aloud… slowly. You’ll use very different brain circuits than when you read silently to yourself.
Using the opposite side of your brain (as in this exercise) can result in a quick and significant expansion in the tactile parts of the brain cortex.
Eat in silence, and pay attention to the taste of each bite.Try eating (and/or cooking) a new food. Or, try this…
There’s a direct link between your nose receptors and the emotional center of your brain. So, new odors may bring on unexpected feelings and associations. By linking a new odor like vanilla, citrus, peppermint, or whatever to an activity, you’ll alert new neural pathways.
CEO: Upgraded Parents | Total Health Spine & Nutrition
Co-Creator & Host: Superhuman Brain Masterclass
- Ways that spiritual practice can create a haven amidst chaos and adversity — an internal place to find stillness before responding to challenging situations
- The role that energy plays in the connection between mind and body… and why it’s the essential key to healing and living in balance
- How to improve your vision with Chinese Reflexology
- Qigong — an ancient healing tool for modern times
- Leading-edge research about how your mind can shape your destiny
- Meaningful grounding practices to address your physical, mental, and emotional needs
- An understanding about how your thoughts hold the power to immediately impact your physical body
- That coherence between the heart and brain can move you out of trauma
- Methods for diagnosing excessive or deficient energy in the chakras
- Scientific research showing how you can create a long-lasting state of bliss, passion, energy, and health
- Profound practices based on Native American medicine and chakra clearing to remove ego, blockages, traumas, and burdens
- And many more modalities, all for your own healing.
Chocolate almond Energy bites
- 2 cups Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup roasted almonds roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon cacao butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- Soak dates in hot water for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove dates from water and place in a high speed blender with almond butter, vanilla and salt and blend to a paste.
- Spread paste into a parchment-lined brownie pan and freeze for an hour.
- Cut paste into squares and place back in freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Using a double broiler, melt chocolate with the cacao butter and coconut oil.
- Dip each piece of date/almond bite into chocolate and then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Store bites in freezer until ready to serve.
p.s. Be sure to subscribe to Self-help Health so you don’t miss any future posts, and tell your friends to do the same. Also check out my website’s To Your Health page and Evolution Made Easier blog for more helpful health tips, tools and information.
Disclaimer: Please note that any information here is provided as a guideline only, and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your physician, nutritionist, trained healthcare practitioner, and/or inner guidance system. Always consult a professional before undertaking any change to your normal health routine.