In case there’s been a little too much over-indulgence during the holiday season, here’s 2 recipes (plus a link to more!) from Ross Bridgeford, author of The Alkaline Reset Cleanse, for toning and regenerating the liver, followed by 5 free resources to help get 2019 off to a healthy start…..
But first, there are a few things you need to know about your amazing liver:
1) it is one of the most hard-working organs in your body
2) when your liver is under stress, every area of your health will suffer
3) your liver has the incredible power to heal, rebuild & regenerate
And the alkaline foods in this juice have been proven to support and nourish the liver, prevent liver damage and help the liver rebuild…rapidly!
The Ultimate Liver Regeneration Juice
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Bunch Kale
- 2 Large Handfuls of Spinach (or any other leafy green)
- 1/2 Grapefruit
- 1/2 Inch of Ginger
- 1 Inch of Turmeric
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Carrot
Thoroughly wash all of the ingredients (except for the grapefruit) and juice, starting with the leafy greens, then the ginger and turmeric, then the root vegetables, and finally the cucumber. This ensures that the cucumber at the end washes everything through
Put the 200 ml of water through the juicer to further wash the goodness and flavors through.
Finally, squeeze and gently stir in the grapefruit at the end.
Note: This juice makes TWO serves, so you can either halve the ingredient quantities for one – OR – and this is my recommendation, you can put the other serve into an airtight container in the fridge for later, or tomorrow.
If kept airtight, cool and in a dark place (i.e. the fridge) a juice will keep for 24-36 hours. Of course fresh is best, but this is a good way to halve your juicing time and workload!
I share how each of these ingredients can be so important in nourishing and regenerating the liver – let’s dig into a few now:
- Spinach & Kale (the leafy greens): Like the rest of your body, your liver loves these greens! Spinach and kale are awesome, and you can swap in or out with watercress, chard, romaine, arugula etc. too. They’re loaded with chlorophyll which alkalizes and purifies the blood to help liver function. Chlorophyll also help neutralize heavy metals, toxic chemicals, and even pesticides!
- Beetroot & Carrot: extremely high in the plant-based antioxidants: flavonoids and beta-carotene. Eating beetroot and carrots can help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- Grapefruit: High in both vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver. A small glass of freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice will help boost production of the liver detoxification enzymes that help flush out carcinogens and other toxins.
- Turmeric: one of the only foods that can assist the enzymes that are responsible for flushing out dietary carcinogens – protecting the liver from damage. Turmeric can also actively assist in the regeneration of damaged liver cells – it literally repairs and regenerates your liver!
- Ginger: helps prevent the toxic effects of a wide array of substances, effectively taking the burden off the liver. In addition, ginger lowers serum cholesterol which dramatically decreases the risk of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.
A cleansing version:
Liver Cleansing Tonic
Makes 2 servings
2 large grapefruits
300 ml of filtered water
2 tablespoons of cold-pressed flax oil
1 clove of fresh garlic
2 inches of fresh root ginger
A dash of cayenne pepper!
Squeeze the juice of the grapefruit and lemon into a blender
Next, grate the garlic and the ginger, and then using a garlic press, squeeze this into the juice
Now add the water, plant-based omega oil and blend for 30 seconds (and add more ginger/garlic to taste)
Why This Recipe Works:
Garlic: contains numerous sulfur-containing compounds that are known to activate the liver enzymes responsible for expelling toxins from the body. Another lies in the presence of both allicin and selenium, two important nutrients that play an integral role in the protection of the liver from damage.
Garlic is also proven to activate cells that specifically protect us from liver cancer, and also to lower cholesterol, prevent fatty liver and so much more.
Ginger: has also shown remarkable abilities to prevent liver damage, scarring and prevent fibroids as well as fatty liver.
Grapefruit: Phytonutrients in grapefruit called limonoids prevent tumor formation by promoting the production of one of the master antioxidants: glutathione-S-transferase.
This detoxifying enzyme ignites a reaction in the liver that helps to make toxic compounds easier to remove from body, protecting the liver (and kidneys) in the process.
Lemons: while also containing the limonoids mentioned above, lemons also supports liver function by strengthening liver enzymes, regulating blood carbohydrate levels and serving as the basis for new enzyme creation.
Omega 3: strongly proven to prevent fatty liver and liver disease, omega 3 is also powerfully anti-inflammatory and helps prevent toxic buildup, thus removing a lot of stress on the liver too.
Want more alkalizing recipes from Ross? Check out this page for his favorite ones from 2018. I’m definitely going to try the 3-minute detox tea and cauliflower alfredo sauce.
The first free resource for today also comes from Ross Bridgeford……
Join Ross for a 60 minute LIVE webinar to Kickstart 2019 With the Health & Energy of Your Dreams this Tuesday, January 8th!
This webinar is at 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT and you will learn:
- The ONLY three things you need to do to completely unlock huge new levels of energy in your body
- How to double or triple the benefit you get from the good foods you eat (naturally, for free)
- How to re-balance your adrenals, thyroid and pancreas – so important for autoimmune, type 2 diabetes, weight loss, cancer and more
- How to rapidly remove inflammation from your body – you cannot have vibrant health in a state of inflammation
- How to soothe and heal digestion – alleviating the symptoms of IBS, Crohn’s, reflux and more – and how the pH of your foods is critical
- PLUS how to get started right away, with simple, actionable steps!
Register now for this LIVE webinar
And from Deepak Chopra…..
During this online event, Deepak will guide you and thousands of people across the globe on how to take active, yet practical steps to healing and balancing your entire being.
Held over 4 weeks, each week will focus on a key aspect of the “whole-self approach”:
- Week 1 – Body
- Week 2 – Mind
- Week 3 – Emotions
- Week 4 – Spirit
There will be weekly videos, guided meditations, audio webinars, helpful downloads, a private Facebook group, and more! It all begins on January 14th – for free.
Sign up now!
An invite from Nick Polizzi, host of Remedy: Ancient Medicine for Modern Illness and founder of The Sacred Science…..
On Tueday, Jan 8th, I am going to be joining renowned herbalist KP Khalsa for a free webinar where we’ll show you a 5-step Herbal Detox Method that you can try right now. This scientifically-proven technique has been used for thousands of years because it’s simple, super effective and extremely safe.
KP Khalsa is one of the prominent experts featured in the Remedy docu-series and for good reason. He has been working with herbs for over 40 years and is widely respected as one of the leading natural medicine doctors in North America.
Our goal behind this LIVE Herbal Detox Webinar is to give you a full body and mind reboot that will leave you feeling beautiful inside and out, turbo-energized and filled with inspiration. There will be a replay available, if you can’t make the live event.
Click here for full details and to register now
From The Shift Network, the 2019 Winter of Wellness event….
What are your most pressing health concerns?
Are you trying to figure out what to eat or not eat for YOUR body, biology, and digestive system? Looking for the best ways to work with unprocessed trauma?
Want to ignite your creative expression, deepen romantic intimacy, or clear environmental toxins from your body?
Are you seeking alternatives to traditional western medicine… such as EFT, botanical, or energy medicine?
And what about your brain health? Looking for the best ways to increase your mental clarity and focus?
It can be difficult to know where to turn to for trusted resources – practitioners who are experts in their fields and can support you in achieving your wellness goals and addressing your unique needs.
Winter of Wellness is an unparalleled health, healing, and wellness series offering leading-edge solutions to your personal health objectives – with esteemed teachers, doctors, and practitioners sharing their proven methods that address the WHOLE you. During this life-enhancing event, you’ll discover secrets for becoming the best version of yourself – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Learn more and sign-up here
And finally, here’s a link to a free download from acupressure guru Michael Reed Gach, PhD that shows points for balancing digestion and curbing the desire to overeat. If you want to know more about acupressure points, the 12 meridians, self-healing practices, the 5-Elements and Qigong, get on his mailing list for more details….
Once you click on this link above, you can save it to your computer for future reference. Hold any of these balancing digestive points throughout the day to reduce your desire to overeat and at the same time strengthen your gastrointestinal system.
Gach is also offering a free webinar on Jan 10th at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT on Acupressure Meridian Points. You can sign up here
p.s. Be sure to subscribe to Self-help Health so you don’t miss any future posts, and tell your friends to do the same.
Disclaimer: Please note that any information here is provided as a guideline only, and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your physician, nutritionist, trained health care practitioner, and/or inner guidance system. Always consult a professional before undertaking any change to your normal health routine.